Wednesday, December 16, 2015

That eureka moment.

My intention for my next post was to write about before and after pictures. I still intend to write about that. But I wanted to post an update. 

It looks like the Wellbutrin is helping. Things don't feel quite so dire all the time, though I still have those low moments. Those moments seem fewer and far between. 

I'm failing at work/life balance. I took vacation from my full time job and still worked 30 hours at my part time job. I've picked up a lot of extra hours. I worked every day for nine days. My sleep schedule is VERY off because of this. I'm looking forward to the post holiday season when I can get some semblance of normalcy back. 


I hit a pretty major fitness goal. I love deadlifting. There is something about picking up really heavy shit that is so therapeutic. My goal for next year is to be able to deadlift 300 pounds. I'm getting closer. My new personal record is 250. It was super heavy feeling; I couldn't hold it up for long; and I wound up with blood blisters. In short, it wasn't pretty. But I'm pretty ecstatic that I was able to do it. 

The other highlight was that I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up. I had an "aha" moment while I was brushing my teeth where everything clicked and I realized what I was meant to do. I'm not going into details because there's nothing really set yet. But just having a plan has been a wonderful feeling. I probably wouldn't have figured things out if it wasn't for being in recovery. I'd be treading water, going nowhere, nearly drowning. Pre-recovery me was incapable of making decisions. So the fact I was able to make this one seems pretty huge. 

So that's pretty much all I've got. All, in all, last week was a pretty good week. There's a lot to be excited about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment