Friday, February 9, 2018

I might have told this story before. I don't remember. But it says a lot about who Jon was. I was visiting him during one of his emergency room stays. Another patient was loud. Beligerent with one of the psych nurses. Jon's room looked out on the nurse's station. I could feel him tense up even though we weren't touching. I asked him what was wrong. He was preparing to step in if the guy went too far with the nurse. But psych nurses are tough. She got the patient to calm down and all was okay. Or as okay as things can be in the psych unit. And I loved Jon a little more that night. I wish he'd been dealt a better hand in life. He made some bad mistakes but he was ultimately a good person. A person who tried to help others - strangers even - when he was suffering most. #asongforjon #mentalhealth #depression #suicideprevention #love #relationships #grief #grieving #loss #survivor #musicproject #playlist #spotify #sting #ghoststory #imusthavelovedyou


No comments:

Post a Comment