
Friday, December 15, 2017
This is probably my favorite Christmas song (unfortunate use of a gay slur notwithstanding). I feel like it captures something real. Yeah, Christmas is supposed to be a happy and hopeful time. But despite all the tinsel and eggnog there's still work to do. Bills to pay. Trash to take out. Life is not a Hallmark movie. I diagnosed myself with seasonal affective disorder years ago. It usually sets in after New Year's. I start counting down the days to spring. I remind myself that February is a short month. "Just have to get through February," I think to myself. I'm not sure what I'll think this year. Things are different. I'm different. And that's okay. It has to be. I'm not about to give up just because life threw a few rotten eggs at me. Like the couple in the song my relationship with Jon didn't turn out the way I thought it would. Jon broke my heart. He didn't mean to. His had been broken for a long time. He broke my heart but he didn't break my spirit. I know he worried that he would. But I'm made of stearner stuff than he realized. Than I realized. But I'm learning. #fairytaleofnewyork #thepoguesfeaturingkirstymaccoll #thepogues #kirstymaccoll #whenyouresadatchristmas #holidayplaylist #music #spotify #depression #suicideprevention #grief #loss #love #relationships
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment