Monday, November 30, 2015

Dealing with episodes


I'm currently in the midst of an anxiety episode. It sucks. I'm not going to go into the details of what triggered it here. But I'm trying to pull myself out of it, especially since I'm at work. 

What I'm going to say applies to me only. I can't vouch for anyone else. But if you see me noticeably upset, the best thing you can do is give me distance. Don't check on me. Don't try to "fix it." If I say I don't want to talk, I'm not joking. I don't want to talk. Don't push the issue. When I'm ready to talk I will. Otherwise I'm just going to get more upset. There is already a cacophony going on in my head. Please don't add to it. 

I decided to remove myself from the situation. I'm using my lunch break to take a walk, even though it is really freaking cold out today. And I'm writing here, which always makes me feel better. Mine is an ugly truth but it's my truth. I'm just trying to take things minute by minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment