
Sunday, November 26, 2017
Today is my birthday. If you told me this time last year that I'd spend my next birthday without Jon, I'm not sure I would have believed you. I would not have believed he'd be gone. But he is gone. Jon was my person and I'm spending today without him here. Last year I told him I just wanted a cake and a nice bottle of champagne. He bought a Perrier Jouet gift set with two glasses, edited a Steven Universe pic inspired by "So Many Birthdays" to include me and had it printed on a cake. It was sweet and silly. That was Jon. A few months later he broke one of the glasses. At Christmas we got stockings. He had a Star Wars themed one and it was overladen with gifts and broke. It's hard not to find some sort of weird symbolism in that. As if the universe was trying to tell me he wouldn't be here forever. It sucks. I cried a little as I wrote this. But I plan to make the most of today. It's what Jon would want. And even if he's not physically here, I carry a bit of him with me. I always will. #asongforjon #mentalhealth #depression #suicideprevention #love #relationships #grief #grieving #loss #survivor #musicproject #playlist #spotify #lovelikeyou @rebeccasugar #stevenuniverse #birthdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment