
Thursday, October 19, 2017
This is one of those songs I never get tired of listening to. My mind has been a remembering machine that I can't turn off. Every day I drive by the restaurant were we first met and I immediately think of the ring he gave me when we'd been together six months. He had it engraved with the restaurant's coordinates. He always said it was where we hugged for the first time. Not met. Hugged. It seems forever ago. There was so much promise in that hug. Potential. We had no idea what was to come. He and I had a political journey and I thought about telling that story but I worry it will be polarizing and I don't want this to be polarizing. I found myself talking to him in the car tonight. I do that sometimes. I told him how strange it was that he didn't have a body anymore. I thought about this awful tattoo he got in May and I'm glad it's gone. But I wish the rest of him was still here. Part of it feels like a bad dream. I never saw his body after he died. I, maybe, didn't want full confirmation of the way he died. Visual proof, you know? But it's still weird not to have seen him. Like did it really happen? Did I imagine it? I know I did not. But there's a part of me that wonders... Although I'm nowhere near creative enough to have imagined this story. #asongforjon #mentalhealth #depression #suicideprevention #love #relationships #grief #grieving #loss #survivor #musicproject #playlist #spotify #thebeatles #thingswesaidtoday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment